Traveling to World Cup 2022?
World Cup 2022 is scheduled to take place this year in Qatar from November 20th to December 18th. Here’s what you should know to begin your trip planning.
- All General and Business Aviation aircraft will use Doha International airport/OTBD as the primary airport for all flights.
- Maximum ground time for all aircraft is 60 minutes. Exceptions are all wide-body air transport aircraft, having 90 minutes.
- Recommended repositioning airports are Sharjah International airport/OMSJ, Dubai Al Maktoum airport/OMDW, Abu Dhabi Bateen airport/OMAD, and Abu Dhabi International airport/OMAA. Gama Aviation at Sharjah International airport/OMSJ is currently offering free parking for up to 7 days during the World Cup event for a limited time only.
- All aircraft must have an engineer onboard or be approved by Qatar Executive for maintenance. Please check with Flight Pro International’s operation staff for the list of approved aircraft types by Qatar Executive.
- A $5000 USD deposit per landing must be made with each slot application. The amount will be deducted from the final invoice or refunded in the event of a cancelation.
- No penalties for cancelations or revisions if greater than 24 hours’ notice prior to the scheduled arrival.
- Slot revisions will be rejected on day of operation.
- Cancelation or no show on the day of operation incurs a penalty of $20,000 USD for General and Business Aviation.
- Slot violation for deviations greater than +/- 20 minutes for flights less than 5 hours, or greater than +/- 35 minutes for flights over 5 hours incur a penalty of $5,000 USD.
- No unvaccinated crew. Crew must have COVID vaccine card and PCR test.
The Flight Pro International operations team is standing by to assist with pre-trip planning and consultation. We can help with all the arrangements including flight planning, overflight and landing permits, airport slots, ground handling, passenger handling, fuel, hotels, ground transportation, credit services, and more.